Uralkali (the Company; MICEX: URKA), one of the world’s largest potash producers, announces the key decisions taken by its Board of Directors at a meeting on 1 September 2016:
- The Board approved the list of candidates to be elected to the Board of Directors at Uralkali’s Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM), to be held on 27 September 2016.
The list of candidates is as follows:
- Dmitry Konyaev
- Dmitry Lobyak
- Dmitry Mazepin
- Luc Maene
- Robert Margetts
- Dmitry Osipov
- Paul Ostling
- Dimitry Tatyanin
- Sergey Chemezov
- The Board approved the list of candidates to be elected to the Company’s Revision Commission at Uralkali’s Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) that will be held on 27 September 2016.
- The Board approved early termination of the appointment of Boris Serebrennikov, Director of Berezniki-4 as a member of Uralkali’s Management Board, effective from 1 September 2016.
- The Board approved the appointment of Alexey Yashnikov, Capital Construction Director as a new member of the Company’s Management Board, effective from 2 September 2016.
- Given the specifics of Uralkali’s operational activity and the ongoing implementation of a number of long-term investment projects related to the large volume of geological research and works, the Board approved the creation of a new Department of Geology, which will report directly to the Company’s CEO.
- The Board approved the appointment of Volker Lukas as Director of Geology.
Uralkali (www.uralkali.com) is one of the world’s largest potash producers and exporters. The Company’s assets consist of 5 mines and 7 ore-treatment mills situated in the towns of Berezniki and Solikamsk (Perm Territory, Russia). Uralkali employs ca.11,000 people (in the main production unit). Uralkali’s shares are traded on the Moscow Exchange.